Homesick, the longing for what is familiar missing whats back home. I am starting to feel the dreadful disease that plagues most students when they adventure abroad.
1. I miss my parents
2. I miss my brother
3. I miss hot showers that last longer than 5 minutes
4. I miss dryers
5. I miss flushing toilet paper down the toilet
6. I miss the US exchange rate.....everything is soooo expensive
7. I miss my cupboard full of Lysol disinfecting wipes
8. I miss my stainless steel 12 cup coffee maker ( Emily I want it back as soon as I land)
9. I miss my Dirt Devil 110000 Reaction Dual Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
10. I miss my chubby dog who is at my heels 24/7
11. I miss my plump cat who is most likely sleeping now
12. I miss not having to worry about what water I can and cannot drink
13. I miss not being afraid of being hit by an off-roading moped... driven by some 60 old grandma
14. I miss my friends who keep me in check and are always there for me
15. I miss the turtles and sharks at work...not the crabs and fish
16. I miss my Nissan Altima....Parental Unit Please don't give it to john!
17. I miss my Rossie board, and the hills which I frequent when I am stressed
18. I miss cable.... have not watched TV for a month on Saturday
19. I miss my GWSS classes
20. I miss feminists!
21. I miss liberals
22. I miss a queer community
23. I miss my I Love Lucy DVDs....how the hell did I forget them??
24. I miss washers...I am not good at hand-washing clothes
25. I miss my hair straightener
26. I miss my pillow top bed and my hypoallergenic pillow
27. I miss Punch Pizza...or just pizza in general!
28. I miss seeing Kaela's face every morning
29. I miss Kaela telling me I am late for class because I slept through my alarm......again
30. I miss coffee that is less than 3 euro for a small cup
31. I miss my shower
32. I miss cleanliness and sanitary bathrooms
33. I miss playing video games with my brother (not the video game part but being with my bro)
34. I miss smoking hukkahs with good company
35. I miss the lakes...and falling through the Ice with Liz (even though I thought I would never want to experience that pain again)
36. I miss St. Joe....hmmm never thought that would ever come out of my mouth
37. I miss Bo Dids! ....though, Baklava is ssoooo much better here
38. I miss going into a buildings and not having to check if its a brothel
39. I miss using public transportation and not seeing people shooting up, having sex, selling drugs and offering to pay you for sex.....very long story, possible next blog entry?
40. I miss Pandora.....it does not work outside the states... I have no music!
41. I miss watching Friends every morning with Kaela while we procrastinate actual going to school
42. I miss Meredith's facial expressions in GWSS and Legal Hist.
43. I miss having my own room....and bathroom
Yupers, I am homesick.......I think a trip to the chocolate store is in order.